Friday, July 22, 2016

The Birthday Book Tag!

Happy Birthday To My Favorite Human!

Hi guys! So today, my sister Pooja turns nineteen and since it's the first time since we've known each other that I'm far, far away from her on her birthday, I thought I would dedicate today's post entirely to her ^^


Source

The Birthday Book Tag

So I found a really fun birthday book tag which was created by YouTuber BrunetteBibliphile, and whose original video you can watch here, and I adapted it for this post by changing a couple of questions. Then, earlier this morning, I sent the questions to my sister and asked her to answer them for me. Since we were on Skype together when she answered them, it was actually super fun to do the tag!


And so, here are all the answers of the birthday girl ^^


1. Count your birth date along your bookshelf. Then subtract your birth month and go back the same number of books. What book does it land on?

Source (left)

Her birthday being on the 22nd of July, she first counted 22 books and then went back 7 books, eventually landing on An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. 



2. If you could spend your birthday with any fictional character, who would it be and why?

Source (left) & Source (right)

Pooja: Peeta Mellark from the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, 'cause I get a feeling he'd sit down and listen to all my problems with real concern. Plus, he's more relatable than other male characters. And he's sooo cute and kind! 

3. Find a book that takes place in the season you were born in.

Source (left)

Since in Mauritius July is in Winter, she went with Born in Ice by Nora Roberts, also set during Winter.

4. If you could have a cake inspired by a book, which book would it be?

Source
Pooja: Harry Potter of course!


5. Name a well-loved book you either read on your birthday or received for your birthday.

Source (left)

Pooja: A Royal Wedding, the long awaited book 11 in the Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot, which was her gift from last year. *Mia and Michael finally get married!* Oops, spoiler alert! 


Memories of another birthday...

Today I can't help but also feel a little nostalgic and remember the last time we celebrated Pooja's birthday together. Last year, since I knew we wouldn't be together for her next birthday, I went all out for her 18th birthday and threw her a Harry Potter party. It was a great day and is totally one of my best memories ever. Like if you'd ask me to pick a happy memory to cast a Patronus spell, I would probably pick that one ^^ We had all those Harry Potter themed props and treats and it was just lots of fun. 

And now I'm going to leave you with some throwback pictures of that Harry Potter birthday party. If you want to see the full post where I shared all the pictures and stories from that day, click here ^^





I send you lots of hugs and kisses Pooja and I hope you have an amazing day! And once again...

Source

4 comments:

  1. Happiest of birthdays to your sister Pooja! I always loved the Harry Potter Birthday party you threw for her, thanks for the reminder of how awesome that was! ♥

    As for Pooja's answers here^^ naturally I LOVE her HP Cake answer :D AND the Peeta one - LOVE Peeta!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words as always Micheline ^^ Pooja was happy to read your comment :)

      Delete
  2. Aww happy birthday to your sister! I hope she has an awesome one like last year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anissa! Pooja says thanks for the wishes :)

      Delete