Thursday, October 5, 2017

9 Movies That I'll be Watching This Halloween

Hey guys! Today I'm kick starting my special Halloween event with some movie recommendations for you. These are actually some of the movies that I plan to watch this Halloween season but in case you want some additional recommendations, you can check out this post that I made last year featuring some more of my favorite Halloween movies. 


Let's start!


Beetlejuice

Okay, confession time here. I have never actually watched this movie. You see, in my home country, since Halloween isn't really a thing, we don't get Halloween TV specials or reruns of popular Halloween movies. So most of the movies that are considered classics or staples of the Halloween season are movies that I've only started to discover in the past few years. 
I know that Michael Keaton stars in this movie and that it has a young Winona Ryder as well and already that's enough to make me super excited about watching it. Plus, I have seen a few extracts of the movie on YouTube before so I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy it based on what I've seen so far. 

The Halloweentown series

These I have actually watched before. Many times actually. But this year I really felt like marathoning all of them again. I mean, would Halloween really be Halloween without Marnie? Oh and by the way, in case you hadn't heard, this year the cast of Halloweentown is coming together to celebrate Halloween and honor the memory of the late Debbie Reynolds, who played Marnie's grandma Aggie in the movies. 


The Phantom of the Opera

I actually watched this one last year as well but being a huge Phantom of the Opera fan and given my movie crush on Gerard Butler, I just had to include it in this year's watch list as well. Plus, the dark atmosphere of the movie will be a nice change of pace from my other funnier Halloween selections. 


Bram Stocker's Dracula 

This one also stars Winona Ryder along with Gary Oldman and Keanu Reeves. Although I don't known much about this one, the trailer looks really cool and the reviews are pretty good in general. Plus, I'm reading Dracula this month so this one fits right in. 


It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Yup, another old time classic that I've never watched before! This one is actually only 25 minutes long but it's a classic Halloween TV special and I just had to include it on my list. Especially since it looks super cute. 

Black Butler: Book of the Atlantic 

I'm a huge fan of the anime Black Butler (or Kuroshitsuji) and last year, for Halloween, I watched the Book of Murder, which was a movie that kinda served as the anime's fourth season. Book of Atlantic is a new Black Butler movie that came out this year and since from what I could gather from the trailer it seems to be about a zombie invasion on board a cruise ship, I thought it would be perfect for this time of the year. If they keep releasing these movies, I might make it a personal Halloween tradition to watch Black Butler in October every year (or however often they release those movies). If you didn't know, the anime is set in Victorian England and it follows the story of a young Earl and his demon butler. Like, the butler is an actual demon. So yeah, the anime is definitely Halloween material!

Other movies I might watch if I have more time

I'm currently completing the last semester of my Master degree so I may not have time to watch more stuff. But if I do find some extra time, I'd love to revisit some of my favorites like Practical Magic and Hocus Pocus. If you have additional recommendations for me, do let me know in the comments ^^ 

So that's it for this post guys. Since this month I'm having a special Halloween event, be sure to keep an eye out for my other upcoming Halloween posts. 


2 comments:

  1. Beetlejuice is one of my all time favorites! I've seen it so many times - I really hope you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! I'm really looking forward to watching it ^^

      Delete