Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Am I still a blogger? Yes! I totally am and now I'm back ^^

I'm back!


Hey guys... So um, I'm back ^^ Okay, I know I've been gone for a looong time. In fact, my last post was a Halloween themed one. HALLOWEEN guys!!! That's like more than four months ago. What can I say? I thought I could juggle university life and blogging easily. Well, turns out I was wrong!

So where the hell have I been?


So for those of you who don't know, I'm currently doing my Masters abroad. So right now, I'm living and studying in Malaysia. I'm from Mauritius by the way, for those of you who are new here ^^ I might write a post about my life here and share some snapshots of Malaysia and my uni. So let me know if that's something you'd like to see.

Why did I suddenly stop blogging?


I used to blog super frequently back when I was still doing my Bachelor degree, uploading new posts almost twice a week. So when I decided to do my Masters, I didn't think it would affect my blog too much. After all, a Master degree can't be that different from a Bachelor degree, right? *Sigh* Boy, was I naive back then! 

My course being a research-based one, I don't have exams. And while I love that, it also means that I get lots of assignments and research papers to write. And it didn't take that long for me to realize that this was going to seriously affect my blogging. In fact, for many months, I was so overwhelmed by everything - life abroad, living on my own for the first time, the studies - that I didn't even read as much as I used do.


When blogging started to feel like a chore...


So yeah, with my time taken by my studies, blogging was starting to become tedious. In fact, it got to a point where it felt like work. And I don't know about you, but when a hobby starts to feel like a chore, that's when I can't do it anymore. And I didn't want to feel that way about blogging. 

I wasn't enjoying blogging simply because I didn't have the time I would have wanted to spend on it. So instead of struggling with it like with a difficult assignment, I told myself that I would take a break from my blog and only return to it when my life was a bit more under control and I could devote my full love and attention to it.

It's good to be back guys ^^


Now that I'm in my third uni semester and I've gotten a little better at the whole 'living by myself in a foreign country' thing, I feel confident enough to finally get back to blogging. I've also been reading more lately. But more on that in next posts ^^


What can you expect from my blog now?


I have a lot of exciting posts for you guys in store and I'm very happy to be preparing and writing them for you. But most importantly, I missed my friends from the blogsphere. So I'm also really happy to reconnect with all of you people of the Internets.

This year, I'm reading a bunch of new and exciting stuff like more mangas, comics and graphic novels, more classics and a bunch of new series including Goosebumps, which I've decided to read ENTIRELY. So you can expect my content to be a little different from my old posts. But what's never going to change is my undying love for books. So do expect lots of fangirling on my part for old and new favorites in future posts.

Leave me a comment and let's catch up with some chitchat ^^


Comment down below to share your thoughts with me! You can tell me what you've been reading, share a link to your latest post or just drop me a line for some random chitchat. Or even just say hi ^^ 

So until next time, take care and read on 💛

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back Soudha! It's nice to see an update from you. Wishing you all the best with your Masters program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to check your blog just to see if you posted new things, but I soon realised that you were way too busy with your Masters.
    I hope everything is going great with your studies!
    Fun fact, today I made a new post talking about blogging and how I feel like it is a chore to me, how I don't have fun anymore doing it. I decided to stop for a bit. When we stop loving our hobbies, it is time to start thinking about what we are doing and where are we going. And if it is better to stop for a bit, so be it.
    Good to have you back Soudha! I think you should talk about your experience there! It would be super fun to read! xo <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to hear from you Alex ^^ Thanks for the comment. I'll make sure to check out that post of yours as well :)

      Delete
  3. I am really looking forward to catching up with you as well! I would love to see some posts about Malaysia and what it is like there. That's one of those countries that I don't know much about. And yes, sometimes life gets busy so you blog less and read less. But that's okay, because we'll always be here!

    ReplyDelete