Monday, February 22, 2016

23 Things You Don't Know About Me! - A Birthday Special

Hi guys! So today it's my birthday :) If you read my previous post, you already know that on the 18th I was also celebrating my blog anniversary. If you want to also check out that post, you can do so by clicking here.
So, today I turn 23. I wasn't quite sure what to write in today's post but since I'm a relatively new blogger around here, I thought I would take this opportunity to tell you a little about me. So in honor of my 23rd birthday, here are 23 things you probably didn't know about me!

1. My earliest memories go back to when I was 2 years old.

2. My two biggest fandoms are Alice in Wonderland and Harry Potter.

3. I wish I could wear boots all year round because they are my favs. 

4. My dream birthday party would be an Alice in Wonderland themed one.




5. I’ve known my two best friends, Laetitia and Meghna, for 11 years. We still talk almost everyday!

6. My favorite songs are the Swan Lake theme by Tchaikovsky, The Color of the Wind from Pocahontas, the Phantom of the Opera theme song and anything by Evanescence. Yes, my tastes are all over the place, I know. 

7. And yes, I absolutely love ballet. My favorites are Swan Lake and Giselle.

8. My favorite dessert flavors are salted caramel, chocolate and crème brûlée.


9. Sailor Moon was my earliest favorite character. I was 4 or 5 years old at the time.

10. In books that have love triangles, I always root for the guy the main character ends up ditching…

11. Back during my teen days, my hair used to be so long it reached well past my knees!

12.  Tea and water are pretty much the only things I’m allowed to drink due to a stomach condition I have. No milkshake or wine for this girl!



13. I’m a huge Disney fan. My favorite movie is Pocahontas and my favorite male and female leads are John Smith and Ariel respectively.

14. I live on an island but I don’t know how to swim.

15. I love Christmas and board games so much that last Christmas I made my own Christmas-themed board game, complete with a board with actual tiles, a wheel you can spin and playing cards!

16. Lestat, from Anne Rice’s books, was my first literary crush. He remains to this day both my biggest literary crush and my favorite book character.


17. My dream Halloween costume would be of a gender-bent Mad Hatter.

18. My favorite season is winter but if I lived in a country where you actually have four seasons, Fall would be my favorite season. I love my boots and warm clothes and really, really can’t stand the heat of the summer months. 

19. I named our first dog, a German Shepherd, Zazu after the bird in The Lion King. I won’t apologize. I was 4…

20. My favorite time to read is in the morning during my breakfast.


21. Each time I watch the Hobbit, the Lord of the Rings and the Harry Potter movies, I close my eyes at the spider scenes and wait for my little sister to tell me when I can open them again. Yes, you read that right: My little sister.

22. My favorite TV series is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

23. I love Halloween but I have actually never seen a pumpkin in real life!


So those were 23 things about me I thought I would share with you today. As always, your comments are most welcome. Later guys ^^


Source

P.S. On a completely random note, who else loves Charmed?! I would say it's my favorite TV series right after Buffy. Yep, I love me my 90's shows ^^

18 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! I love my boots too and I'm so sad you can't wear yours all year round! I live in Texas and that's pretty much all we wear throughout the year. And when I was little, my hair was also well past my knees! I also LOVE Evanescence and my best friend is obsessed with Phantom Of The Opera! Okay I'm done, happy birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes Anissa ^^ And for the cool comment :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Soudha! What a wonderful post this is... :) I learned so many interesting - and unexpected - things about you!!! Also, go Buffy! Joss Whedon is a genius :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ramona. And I agree, Joss Whedon is a genius!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
    And I love Alice in Wonderland!
    Xoxo
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Soudha. Happy birthday.
    Stay blessed, keep posting and my best wishes to you!

    ps. I don't know how to swim too! ;)
    xo Mevina

    http://fitfreshfabulousme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally loved Sailor Moon growing up and can't ride a bike so don't feel bad about the swimming thing!

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy (belated) Birthday Soudha^^ I hope you had a fantastic day ♥ I LOVE the facts you shared. Of course, we share Harry Potter, but I also quite like Alice in Wonderland, Sailor Moon, tea, water, salted caramel *drool* and YES I wish I could wear boots all year long too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Micheline! Wow, we have sooo much in common :D

      Delete
  7. Happy belated Birthday Soudha! I loved reading the facts about yourself! That Alice in Wonderland photo is GORGEOUS btw - such a perfect shot! Making your own Christmas themed board game sounds so cool! You should do a post on what it's about with pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlene! I wanted to do an Alice themed photo for so long and finally decided to do one for my birthday post :) And I might make a post about my board game at some point :)

      Delete
  8. OMG! A fellow Lestat fangirl, yeahhh! I LOVE Lestat. I read the first book when I was 14 and then I devoured the rest of the series. Lestat is absolutely my favorite fictional character. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wishes! I don't come across often Lestat fans very often :D Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  9. I hope you had a very happy birthday! And I know what you mean about the love triangles. I'm scared to even root for anyone because as soon as I choose someone, they end up ditching them -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I also try not to root to much for anyone because usually, it just leads to disappointment -_-

      Delete